Stage 2 water use restrictions for the City of Austin
Stage 2 Includes:
• Hose-end irrigation may take place between midnight and 10 a.m. and between 7 p.m. and midnight on your assigned watering day.
• Automatic irrigation systems may operate between midnight and 5 a.m. and between 7 p.m. and midnight on your assigned watering day.
• Watering with a hand-held hose or bucket is allowed at any time on any day of the week.
• Drip irrigation is exempt from the schedule, due to increased efficiency.
• To water trees, soaker hoses may be used under the drip-line of the tree canopy or you may use your automatic tree bubblers. Irrigating trees in this manner is exempt from the watering schedule
• Washing vehicles at home is prohibited. If you need to wash a vehicle, you may do so at a commercial carwash facility.
• Charity car washes are prohibited
• Fountains with either a fall or spray of water greater than four inches are prohibited; unless necessary to preserve aquatic life.
• Restaurants may not serve water unless requested by a customer
• Commercial properties (including restaurants and bars) may only operate patio misters between 4 p.m. and midnight.
For more information on the restrictions, click here or call (512) 974-2199.
Information from the City of Austin.
Stage 3 water use restrictions for the City of San Marcos
For more information about Stage 3 drought restrictions in San Marcos, click the link.
In Stage 3, the San Marcos ordinance allows:
• Waste of water is prohibited. Waste includes allowing water to puddle or run off a property, operating a sprinkler system with broken or misaligned heads, and failing to repair leaks.
• Irrigation with sprinklers is allowed only one day per week on the designated weekday between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight.
• Hand-watering using hand-held bucket or hand-held hose is allowed any day before 10:00 a.m. or after and 8:00 p.m.
• Irrigation of landscaping with a soaker hose or drip irrigation system is allowed only one day per week on the designated weekday before 10:00 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.
• Irrigation of vegetable gardens with a soaker hose or drip irrigation system is allowed any day before 10:00 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.
• Charity car washes are prohibited unless held at a commercial car wash.
• At-home car washing is prohibited.
• Swimming pools should be at least partially covered when not in use to minimize evaporative losses.
• Filling new and existing swimming pools is prohibited.
• Using indoor and outdoor decorative water features is prohibited.
• Washing impervious surfaces is prohibited unless required for health and safety.
• Foundation watering is allowed only one day per week on the designated weekday before 10:00 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.
• Restaurants are allowed to serve water only upon specific request by the customer.
• All other non-essential water usage is prohibited.
Stage 4 water restrictions in Fredericksburg
For more information about the restrictions in Fredericksburg, click here.
• All outdoor irrigation by hand-held hose, hose-end sprinklers, automatic sprinklers, soaker hoses, or drip irrigation, may occur between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 AM, and again from 6:00 PM to 12:00 midnight.
• Watering of plants with a bucket of other hand-held container shall be permitted in all stages of watering restrictions without limitation as to the day of the week, however, it can only be done during the hours of 6:00 PM to 10:00 AM.
• All requirements of Stage 3 remain in effect in Stage 4.
• Commercial and Residential vegetable/herb gardens may be watered by a drip irrigation system or soaker hose on off days and by any method on designated days, between the hours of 6:00 PM and 10:00 AM.
• The washing of automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, airplanes, and other mobile equipment shall not be allowed except on the premises of a commercial carwash or commercial service station. The washing of such vehicles and mobile equipment at commercial carwashes and commercial service stations shall be allowed at any time during the day.
• The filling or refilling of water in privately owned swimming, wading, and jacuzzi-type pools is prohibited during the summer months starting on June 1 and ending on September 30. However, water may be added to pools to replace water lost due to use or evaporation on designated water use days.
• The watering of golf course tees and fairways is prohibited unless the golf course utilizes treated wastewater effluent or other water sources than provided by the City of Fredericksburg potable water system.
• Bulk sales of water for purposes other than potable consumption and sanitation are prohibited.
• The City Council may implement further water rationing including implementing a water rationing program to curtail residential, commercial, industrial, any other water usage if the above actions do not achieve the water reduction goals or if these actions do not alleviate the Stage 4 trigger conditions. The rationing program shall contain specific reduction amounts for each customer class.
Fredericksburg watering schedule
Residents are allowed to water on the following days based on their address:
• Monday - Addresses ending in 1 or 2
• Tuesday - Addresses ending in 3 or 4
• Wednesday - Addresses ending in 5 or 6
• Thursday - Addresses ending in 7 or 8
• Friday - Addresses ending in 9 or 0 or properties with no assigned number
NO watering is allowed on Saturday or Sunday