Stage 2 water use restrictions for the City of Austin
Stage 2 Includes:
• Hose-end irrigation may take place between midnight and 10 a.m. and between 7 p.m. and midnight on your assigned watering day.
• Automatic irrigation systems may operate between midnight and 5 a.m. and between 7 p.m. and midnight on your assigned watering day.
• Watering with a hand-held hose or bucket is allowed at any time on any day of the week.
• Drip irrigation is exempt from the schedule, due to increased efficiency.
• To water trees, soaker hoses may be used under the drip-line of the tree canopy or you may use your automatic tree bubblers. Irrigating trees in this manner is exempt from the watering schedule
• Washing vehicles at home is prohibited. If you need to wash a vehicle, you may do so at a commercial carwash facility.
• Charity car washes are prohibited
• Fountains with either a fall or spray of water greater than four inches are prohibited; unless necessary to preserve aquatic life.
• Restaurants may not serve water unless requested by a customer
• Commercial properties (including restaurants and bars) may only operate patio misters between 4 p.m. and midnight.
For more information on the restrictions, click here or call (512) 974-2199.
Information from the City of Austin.
Stage 1 water use restrictions for the City of San Marcos
For more information about Stage 1 Drought Restrictions in San Marcos, click the link.
In Stage 1, the San Marcos ordinance allows:
- Waste of water is prohibited. Waste includes allowing water to puddle or run off a property, operating a sprinkler system with broken or misaligned heads, and failing to repair leaks.
- Irrigation with hose-end sprinklers is allowed only one day per week on the designated weekday between the hours of midnight to 10 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight.
- Irrigation with automatic sprinkler irrigation systems is allowed only once per week starting at 8:00 p.m. on the designated weekday and ending at 8:00 a.m. the following day.
- Irrigation with drip irrigation or soaker hose is allowed on any day at any time.
- Hand watering with bucket or hand-held hose is allowed on any day at any time.
- Charity car washes are prohibited unless held at a commercial car wash.
- At-home car washing is allowed one day per week and must be done using a hand-held bucket or hand-held hose equipped with a positive shutoff device.
- Swimming pools should be at least partially covered when not in use to minimize evaporative losses.
- Use of non-recirculating decorative water features is prohibited.
- Washing impervious surfaces is allowed one day per week.
- Foundation watering using a drip system, soaker hose or hand-held hose is allowed one day per week.
- All other non-essential water uses should be reduced.
Fredericksburg watering schedule
Residents are allowed to water on the following days based on their address:
• Monday - Addresses ending in 1 or 2
• Tuesday - Addresses ending in 3 or 4
• Wednesday - Addresses ending in 5 or 6
• Thursday - Addresses ending in 7 or 8
• Friday - Addresses ending in 9 or 0 or properties with no assigned number
NO watering is allowed on Saturday or Sunday