Time Warner Cable News' continuing coverage of the investigation into the murder of Haruka Weiser on the University of Texas at Austin campus and the prosecution of suspect Meechaiel Criner.
Safety Tips from UTPD:
1. Avoid walking alone. Walk in pairs or groups.
2. Lock-Take-Hide Lock your vehicle, take your belongings with you, and hide contents in your car.
3. ALWAYS lock your apartment/home/dorm room, even if you are only leaving for a few minutes. Lock your door when you are home.
4. CALL 911 ANYWHERE if you:
- See or experience anything that appears to be a threat to you or others
- See an act of violence or anyone in jeopardy
- Are verbally harassed or assaulted
- Need an officer for any reason
5. CALL 311 if you are off campus and see:
- A broken window/crumbling sidewalk/human waste on the sidewalk or alley/structural damage/graffiti
- Water leaking or broken pipes/sprinklers
6. Instead of giving money to strangers, give to charities who assist those in need.
Haruka was last seen leaving the Department of Theatre and Dance building Sunday night. Haruka's remains were found a short distance away near the Alumni Center.
Read the full arrest avidavit: