The Night of Treats Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. A Purchase Will Not Improve Your Chances of Winning.
Open to legal U.S. residents who, as of 10/30/15, are Time Warner Cable subscribers in good standing, residing in a serviceable area of Time Warner Cable and those living in the same household, residing in the New York market, or Cablevision subscribers in good standing, residing in Bronx or Brooklyn, NY, and 18 years of age or older.
Void where prohibited by law.
1. How To Enter: The Night of Treats Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 31, 2015 and ends 12:00 p.m. ET on November 1, 2015 (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, entry will require the entrant to watch the Halloween parade on NY1 and look for the secret hashtags on screen. Then, entrants must follow @NY1 on Twitter and post a tweet including one of the secret hashtags and #sweepstakes (“Entry”). If you do not have a Twitter account and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Twitter.com. Including a secret hashtag and #sweepstakes in a tweet on Twitter during the Sweepstakes Period constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules. Entries must be complete and received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period to be included the drawing. Limit one (1) Tweet on Twitter per person. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries/Tweets by using multiple/different email addresses, Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such Entries and that entrant may be disqualified from this Sweepstakes and all future Time Warner Cable sponsored promotions, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the maximum number of Entries permitted by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins, automated entry services or any other method will void that participant's Entries and that participant may be disqualified. Entries must be in English. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd or defamatory, may not be considered, and may disqualify the entrant. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any material or information you post anywhere on or through Twitter including but not limited to text -does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights. You agree that by submitting an entry you surrender your copyright and any other proprietary right in the material or information. You further agree that Sponsor is entitled to use at its own discretion any of the material or information in any manner it deems fit, including, but not limited to, publishing the material or distributing it. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries (or excerpts of Entries) in any way it sees fit. The Sponsor’s clock will be the official time keeper for the Sweepstakes. Entry must be made by the entrant, only on Twitter. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Time Warner Cable Enterprises LLC., New York, NY (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents who are, as of October 30, 2015, Time Warner Cable subscribers in good standing, residing in a serviceable area of Time Warner Cable and those living in the same household, in the New York market, or Cablevision subscribers in good standing, residing in Bronx or Brooklyn, NY, and 18 years of age or older as of date of Entry. Employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents of Sponsor, and their respective parent, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, licensors, and each of their respective shareholders, employees, directors, officers, affiliates, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., Twitter, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
3. Winner Selection/Odds: On or about November 2, 2015, one (1) Random Drawing will be held from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to select two (2) potential Grand Prize winners. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of being selected as a potential Grand Prize winner are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Two (2) Grand Prizes are available: The Grand Prize winners will receive two (2) tickets to attend a performance of School of Rock on Broadway, a meet & greet (“Meet & Greet”) with Sponsor-selected cast members (collectively, the “Event”), a Sponsor-selected School of Rock prize pack, a School of Rock signed playbill, and Sponsor-selected headphones. The approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is $650.
Transportation to and from the Event is not included. Prize must be used on date specified. The Grand Prize may not be refunded, transferred, sold, traded, substituted, commissioned or redeemed for cash or credit at any time (except at Sponsor’s sole discretion), nor will Grand Prize be replaced if lost or stolen. In the event the Event and/or Meet & Greet is cancelled for reasons outside of the Sponsor’s control, Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize winners understand and agree that Sponsor and/or prize provider have the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any Grand Prize winner or his or her guest from the Event and/or Meet & Greet at any time without compensation if the Grand Prize winner’s or his or her guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or prize provider or otherwise violates the policies of the Sponsor or prize providers, and in such a case, Grand Prize winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize, if any. Grand Prize winner and his or her guest’s seat assignments during the Event and/or Meet & Greet may be designated by Sponsor (or prize provider). Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) unless accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian (who must be the Grand Prize winner).Prizes are non-commissionable and no substitutions, transfers, or cash equivalents for the prizes (or prize components) are permitted, except that Sponsor may substitute prize component of equal value for any reason. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if prize becomes unavailable. The winner’s will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes awarded.
5. General Rules: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, the following reasons: infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor, and Sponsor will have the right to award the Sweepstakes prizes to Entries chosen in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to the action requiring such modification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any winner, the Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The Promotion Entities shall have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the redemption, use or mis-use of any prize. Information collected from entrant is used only for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify the winners and for prize fulfillment, and will not be re-used, sold or shared in any manner. Notice to entrants: Internet access and usage charges applicable to an entrant's account, including, local, long distance, 800#, or 888# access charges to connect to Time Warner Cable or any other Internet provider, and/or any usage charges applicable under entrant's pricing plan and any applicable taxes will continue to apply while an entrant is online in connection with this Sweepstakes, and will be the sole responsibility of such entrant.
The Promotion Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE PROMOTION ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. Winner Notification/Release: Winners will be initially notified via direct message on Twitter and will be required to send an email to the Sponsor/Administrator (as directed in the message) with his/her name and email address within 24 hours of notification. In order for an entrant to receive a direct message from Sponsor notifying the entrant that he or she is a potential winner, the entrant must be following @NY1 and have the entrant’s Twitter account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” Grand Prize Winners will then be required to sign and return, via email, an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, except where prohibited, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification before the Grand Prize is awarded. Additional proof of eligibility may also be required in Sponsor’s sole discretion, including, without limitation, a copy of such Grand Prize Winner’s most recent Time Warner Cable bill or Cablevision bill, as applicable. If the Grand Prize Winner fails to return the affidavit of eligibility within forty-eight (48) hours or if the potential Grand Prize Winner is deemed to be ineligible, the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received, time permitting. If the potential Grand Prize Winner is not reachable at the phone number, address, and/or e-mail address provided and a forwarding address and/or e-mail address is not made available or if a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, then the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected, time permitting. Sponsor shall have no liability for any prize notification that is not received by the potential Grand Prize Winner for any reason. Each Grand Prize Winner’s Guest will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. Additional proof of eligibility may also be required, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Acceptance of prize constitutes winner's permission for the Promotion Entities to use winner's name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, entry, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Entrants (and any minor entrant's parent or legal guardian) agree that the Promotion Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, (i) any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants' acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) the entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavit, regardless of the method of transmission; and (v) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prizes, including, without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting a prize that he/she may win, each entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Promotion Entities, Twitter, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of prize.
7. Jurisdiction: The Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York applicable to promotions fully carried out within New York. Except where prohibited by law, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' and/or experts' fees; and winner hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (including attorneys’ fees), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Winners acknowledge that no other party nor any agent or attorney of any other party has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce the winner to execute any document and winner acknowledges that they have not executed any document in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by the Sponsor and its affiliates of any term of any document in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future. Winner agrees that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of any document shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of that document.
9. Winners List: For the names of the winners, available on or about December 2, 2015, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by January 2, 2016, to: The Night of Treats Sweepstakes – Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept NB), Melville, NY 11747.
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Time Warner Cable Enterprises LLC., 1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10023.
11. Sweepstakes Administrator: The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive (Dept NB), Melville, NY 11747. The Sweepstakes Administrator may be contacted at the above address with any questions regarding this Sweepstakes.
The information you provide will only be used to contact you in the event you are determined a Sweepstakes winner.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Time Warner Cable Enterprises LLC. and not to Twitter.