- The Rock Band "Yes" has canceled its Friday performance at the Dome Arena in Henrietta. Yes canceled the rest of its tour because of the death of guitarist Steve Howe's son. The Dome Arena says refunds can be made where the tickets were purchased.
Find the latest links, phone numbers and other information you heard on our channel.
- A busy stretch of road in Rochester will be closed for the next six weeks to finish a construction project. Starting today RG&E says Mount Hope Avenue will be shut down between Hickory Street and Hamilton Streets. Detour signs will be posted and drivers can use Gregory Street and Alexander Street to get to South Avenue to avoid the closed road.
- Calling hours will be held today for Lauren Morelle. The 31-year-old mother of two and daughter of State Assembly Majority Leader Joe Morelle died last week after a lengthy battle with breast cancer. Calling hours will be held today and tomorrow from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m.at the Dierna Funeral Home on Culver Road, near Norton Street. A funeral service will be held Thursday morning at 11 a.m. at the Peace of Christ Parish at Saint Ambrose Church located at the corner of Empire Boulevard and Culver Road.
- Funeral arrangements are being made for Jason Sigelow, who died while helping pull two kids from Irondequoit Bay. Visitation services will be held at Newcomer Funeral home from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and a memorial service will be held from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- The town of Greece continues its efforts to help people who live along Lake Ontario. Town Supervisor Bill Reilich says representatives of the State Department of Financial Services will be at the Greece Town Hall today and Saturday. They'll be able to help people with residential property damage because of the increased water levels. They'll be in an insurance RV in the Town Hall parking lot from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. both days.
- Trolley Boulevard between Lond Pond Road and Lee Road will be closed in both directions today. Highway crews will be working to move an underground utility line. Detours will be posted in the area, directing drivers to take Lee Road, Lyell Avenue and Long Pond Road.
- A National Women's Hockey League team will visit Rochester this fall. The defending champs, the Buffalo Beauts, will play the New York Riveters on Saturday, November 4 at the Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex at MCC. It's art of the Bauer Fire on Ice Tournament going on that weekend in the area.
- People who live near the Ginna nuclear power plant will get a chance to see how the facility runs next week. Exelon Generation is hosting a free community information night from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday. Those interested can gather outside of the Ginna Training Center on Lake Road. You can register to attend by searching for "Ginna" at this website.
- Construction along East Henrietta Road in Brighton will have a large portion of the road closed to all, but local traffic through Saturday evening. Work is being done on the intersection between Iola Drive and I-390. From 9 p.m. through Saturday that section of road will be closed.
Fans must have tickets for four Bills training camp practices: three at St. John Fisher and one at New Era Field. The tickets are free, but only available at select locations for each practice. Fans are limited to four tickets, with all available on Tuesday, July 18.
Thursday, July 27 at St. John Fisher College, Pittsford:
- Crosby’s in Brockport, Hamlin or Gasport.
Friday, August 4 at New Era Field:
- Tops Friendly Markets in Depew, Maple Road in Amherst, and Mt. Read Blvd in Greece.
Sunday, August 6 at St. John Fisher:
- Safelite AutoGlass® on Scottsville Road near the Rochester airport, Jefferson Road in Henrietta, Lockport, Depew and Hamburg.
Sunday, August 13 at St. John Fisher:
- Only available through the My One Buffalo app.
- Any kids who want to learn a potentially lifesaving skill this summer can now enroll in the state's annual learn-to-swim initiative. The free program is offered at state parks across Western New York. It includes individual classes for kids of all ages. For more information, visit this website.
The Cool Sweep program in Rochester is back!
Hydrant Locations (noon to 4 p.m.):
- #41 School Parking Lot, 279 W. Ridge Rd.
- Baden Park gateway, Vienna Street
Spray Parks (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.):
- Carter Street R-Center, 500 Carter St.
- Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St.
- Humboldt R-Center, 1045 Atlantic Ave.
- David F. Gantt R-Center, 700 North St.
- Thomas P. Ryan R-Center, 530 Webster Ave.
- Roxie Ann Sinkler R-Center, 75 Grover St.
Spray Features - not a full spray park (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.):
- Fourth and Peck Playground, Corner of Fourth and Peck Streets
- Martin Luther King Jr. Park (playground area), 353 Court St.
- Troup Street Park, Troup Street and Van Auker Street (between Reynolds Street and Ford Street)
Swimming Opportunities and Hours of Operation:
- Adams Street R-Center Pool (noon to 9 p.m.), 85 Adams St.
- Avenue D R-Center Pool (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.), 200 Avenue D
- Flint Street R-Center Pool (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.), 271 Flint St.
- Genesee Valley Park Pool (noon to 9 p.m.), 131 Elmwood Ave.
- Charlotte High School Pool (Mon. – Fri. only, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), 4115 Lake Ave.
- East High School Pool (Mon. – Fri. only, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), 1801 E. Main St.
- Wilson Foundation Academy (Mon. – Fri. only, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), 200 Genesee St.
Please note that Durand Eastman Beach is closed until further notice due to high water levels.
temperatures are forecasted to be 90 degrees and above, a Cool Sweep
Heat Emergency will be initiated. During a Heat Emergency, the Cool
Sweep program extends to the following sites, where residents can stay
in an air-conditioned building:
Heat Emergency Cooling Locations:
- Carter Street R-Center gym (Monday to Friday, closes at 9 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.), 500 Carter St.
- Arnett Branch Library (Monday to Friday, closes at 9 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.), 310 Arnett Blvd.
- Lincoln Branch Library (Monday to Friday, closes at 9 p.m.; Saturday, noon to 6 p.m.), 851 Joseph Ave.
- Maplewood Branch Library (Monday to Friday, closes at 9 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.), 1111 Dewey Ave.
- Winton Road Branch Library (Monday to Friday, closes at 9 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.), 611 N. Winton Rd.
- Some road closures if you're driving through the city of Rochester today. Downtown, the Main Street Bridge over the Genesee river will be closed today and tomorrow until 6 p.m. in the evening as crews work to clear debris from the river. Verona Street will also be closed until 4 p.m. Saturday for events happening at the shelter.
- Calling hours are today for 35-year-old Joshua Shaver, the Ontario County jail deputy who died of injuries from a crash last month. Calling hours for family and friends are today from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. at Fuller Funeral Home on Buffalo Street in Canandaigua. A memorial service will be held tomorrow afternoon at 1 p.m. at St. Mary's Church in Canandaigua. A GoFundMe page has raised more than $35,000.
- City of Rochester officials will hold a roundtable discussion today regarding ride-hailing services. Mayor Lovely Warren, an Uber representative and local business and community leaders will discuss issues like traffic congestion and public safety at 1 p.m. in City Council Chambers. It will be followed by a job fair from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the City Hall Atrium. Interested drivers should bring valid driver's license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance.
- Gov. Cuomo today announced additional Department of Financial Services Mobile Command Centers will be deployed to the Lake Ontario region to provide insurance help to residents affected by the flooding. Mobile command centers will be functional to help from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the following locations:
- Saturday May 13 -- Town of Hilton DPW Garage, 198 Manitou Road and Sodus Point Beach Park, 7958 Wickham Boulevard.
- Sunday May 14 -- Fair Haven Village Hall, 14523 Cayuga Street and County Marine Park in the Town of Kent, Point BReeze Road (RT. 98).
- Monday May 15 -- New York State DOT Maintenance Center, Town of Mexico, 5846 Scenic Avenue and Olcott Fire Company, 1691 Lockport-Olcott Road.
- Tuesday May 16 -- Chaumont Volunteer Fire Department, Town of Lyme, 11385 NY Route-12E and Sodus Point Beach Park, 7958 Wickham Boulevard.
- Wednesday May 17 -- The Dobisky Center, City of Ogdensburg, 100 Riverside Ave
- Due to construction in the downtown area, commuters should be aware of possible detours. Beginning this morning, several bus routes going through Main street will have to take another route. RTS says the area will be closed until furth notice. For a full list of detours, visit the RTS website.
- Sandbags are available today for people who live along Lake Ontario in Charlotte. Neighbors can head to the Port of Rochester Terminal Building on East River Road. Staff is expected to be in the north side parking lot.
- Funeral arrangements are set for Colin Montesano, the 2014 Webster Schroeder graduate who died in Pittsburgh this week. Calling hours are at The Profetta Funeral home on Empire Boulevard Saturday from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. . His funeral is Sunday at 2:30 p.m. at the Browncroft Community Church on Browncroft Boulevard.
- The first food truck rodeo of the season takes place tonight at the Rochester Public Market. With construction taking place at the market, a shuttle will be provided from the East End Garage beginning at 5:30 p.m. with trips leaving every 20 minutes. Beatles cover band 8 Days a Week will be performing and the event goes from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m.
- Organizers of the Lilac Festival announced the remaining music acts for this years festival. The 119th edition of the festival gets underway Friday, May 12th.
Friday May 12
12:00 p.m. -- Brother Joscephus and the Love Revival Orchestra
4:00 p.m. -- Eli Flynn & Upward Groove
5:30 p.m. -- Brother Joscephus and the Love Revival Orchestra
7:00 p.m. -- Start Making Sense
Satuday May 13
11:45 a.m. -- Big Mike and the Motivators
1:00 p.m. -- The Transport
2:30 p.m. -- Branded
4:00 p.m. -- Noble Vibes
5:30 p.m. -- Get the Led Out
Sunday May 14
10:30 a.m. -- The Galileo Band
11:30 a.m. -- The Crooked North
1:00 p.m. -- Nobody’s Marigold
2:30 p.m. -- McKinley James
4:00 p.m. -- Teagan & the Tweeds
5:30 p.m. -- Joe Brucato & the Joyous Noise
7:00 p.m. -- Skycoasters with Special Guest – Gene Cornish
Monday May 15
10:30 a.m. -- Webster Montessori Elementary Chorus
11:00 a.m. -- Pal-Mac Middle School
12:00 p.m. -- Paul Road Elementary School Band & Chorus
1:00 p.m. -- TCMS Jazz Band
5:30 p.m. -- Ripe
7:00 p.m. -- The Mowgli’s
Tuesday May 16
10:30 a.m. -- Indian Landing Singers
11:00 a.m. -- Gates Chili Middle School Jazz Band & School Choir
12:00 p.m. -- Abraham Lincoln School 22 Chorus
1:00 p.m. -- School #3 Band & Chorus
4:00 p.m. -- Stolen Rhodes
5:30 p.m. -- Gedeon Luke and the People
7:00 p.m. -- Lettuce
Wednesday May 17
11:00 a.m. -- Richard Mann Elementary School 5th Grade Band & Chorus
12:00 p.m. -- Brockport Hilltop Singers
4:00 p.m. -- Jackson Cavalier
5:30 p.m. -- The Grahams
7:00 p.m. -- Rusted Root
Thursday May 18
10:30 a.m. -- LeRoy Jr./Sr. Highschool Band
11:30 a.m. -- Abraham Lincoln School 22 Band
12:00 p.m. -- Holley Central School Elementary Concert & Chorus
4:00 p.m. -- Deb Magone
5:30 p.m. -- Quinn Sullivan
7:00 p.m. -- Jonny Lang
Friday May 19
10:30 a.m. -- School of the Art’s “Bloomin Arts”
4:00 p.m. -- The Flood
5:30 p.m. -- Kat Wright
7:00 p.m. -- Big Head Todd and the Monsters
Saturday May 20
10:30 a.m. -- Revolver
11:30 a.m. -- The Blind Spots
1:00 p.m. -- Alyssa Trahan
2:30 p.m. -- Shine
4:00 p.m. -- Sean Patrick McGraw and the James’s
5:30 p.m. -- Tommy Brunett
7:00 p.m. -- Zac Brown Tribute Band
Sunday May 21
11:30 a.m. -- Ruddy Well Band
1:00 p.m. -- Steve Grills and the Roadmasters
2:30 p.m. -- Keys To the Caddy
4:00 p.m. -- Danielle Ponder and the Tomorrow People
5:00 p.m. -- The Medicinals
7:00 p.m. -- Turkuaz