About $0.62 per serving
1 pound frozen green beans, thawed (French cut is best)
1 -10.5 ounce can reduced-fat, low-sodium, cream of mushroom soup
½ cup low-fat sour cream
½ teaspoon pepper
1 small onion, cut in to thin sticks
¼ cup whole wheat flour
1. In a 9x13 casserole dish, combine green beans, soup, sour cream and pepper. Stir until well mixed and bake for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. While casserole bakes, spread out onion sticks and lightly spray with cooking spray.
4. Sprinkle flour over onion pieces, tossing to coat equally.
5. Spray a medium-large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until crisply, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove casserole from oven, add ½ onions and stir well.
7. Top with remaining half and return to oven, bake 5 minutes more.
Nutritional Analysi sPer serving Calories Per Serving 77 Total Fat 2.0g Saturated Fat 0.5g Trans Fat 0.0g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g Monounsaturated Fat 0.5 g Cholesterol 4 mg Sodium 138mg Potassium 401mg Carbohydrates 12g Fiber 2g Protein 3g Calcium 80mg
© American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking With Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking With Heart® website.