Go on a scavenger hunt in your very own grocery store! Grab a friend, a sibling, or a parent and hunt for the items. Print out this list and take it with you. As you complete each task, cross it off, then move to the next item on your list. Make it a race and see who can finish the list fastest. Use a stopwatch or a clock to time yourselves.
Not at the store? Try our interactive slide show that takes you and your kids on a healthy shopping scavenger hunt. Begin the scavenger hunt!
1. Find a vegetable that comes in two different colors
2. Find three low-fat dairy items
3. Find a loaf of bread that is 100% whole wheat
4. Find a can of green vegetables.
5. Locate a cereal that has the word “nut” in it
6. Find a food with less than 100 calories per serving (check the nutrition label)
7. Find three red things in the produce aisle
8. How much saturated fat is found in sun-dried raisins?
9. Look for something with water as the first ingredient
10. Oatmeal is considered a good source of what nutrients?
11. Find a container of ice cream. How much sugar is found in one serving?
12. How many different kinds of apples can you find?
13. Find something sold in a package of six
14. Find a frozen food in a rectangle box
15. Something that expires in one year
16. Find a food advertised to promote healthy living
17. What kind of berries can you find this time of year?
18. How many sweet potatoes are in a 5 pound bag?
19. How much does the average cabbage weigh?
20. Find three different vegetables. They all have to be different colors.
Content provided by the American Heart Association.